Friday, September 29, 2023

Fall!

 We finally proclaimed that fall is really here and we are embracing the season full force.  We are loving our time outdoors and all the explorationly and wonder that the season brings.  We have absolutely loved watching the students' personalities shine through as they use nature to make art...we never provide very much instruction during art projects and it shows.  This class LOVES art projects and Ms. Kelly and some of the girls thought we should change our school name to Ms. Hollie's Art School.  :)


We have started our fall assessments, or as I call them, "games".  If your child told you they played a game with me, they were being assessed.  ;)  As much as I am not a fan of state documentation, I do enjoy that 1-1 time with these precious children and they beg me to "play the game".


We will continue with more fall fun next week, practicing our shapes and recognizing all the letters in our names.  All of the students who came to preschool not writing their names, are so excited about it now and putting so much effort into learning.  Keep it fun if practicing at home.  Shaving cream, salt trays, sidewalk chalk, etc.   

We will be going to the "Pumpkin Patch" AKA, my neighbor's pasture next week to find a pumpkin.  I will be purchasing 20 pumpkins and scattering them all over the pasture.  Each child will get to take home a pumpkin of their own.  If you would like to donate, I will probably spend $4-$5 on each pumpkin.  You can venmo me at @Hollie-Allen-9 or just bring cash to school.  Thank you so much for your support. 

 

Oh boy, I started this entry this morning and then found that our sweet donkey, Emmy, had a terrible eye injury.  I have spent the morning and afternoon doing a small surgical procedure and picking up meds from the vet.  Emmy has had lots of carrots, apples and extra love today.  Please pray for her recovery, as of right now, she is unable to open her eye from the swelling and I had to remove part of her eyelid...yes, she is that chill that she let me do this.  Shes tough and out in the pasture now grazing.  

 

Have a wonderful weekend.

 


























































































 

No comments:

Post a Comment