Friday, October 13, 2023

Letters and Names

We have had such a fun week at preschool!  We are so proud of all of your children for their hard work with writing their names and learning letters and sounds.  I love watching them sign in each morning instead of finding their rock.  It's so fun to watch them grow up and try hard things. 

We have enjoyed singing lots of fun songs for Halloween and songs to help us learn letter sounds.  

I have had lots of parents ask for the words to some of our favorite Halloween songs, so here it goes...

Pick a Pumpkin

Pick a pumpkin orange and round, the biggest one you've ever found.  

Happy or sad, scary, or mad!  Let's carve a jack-o-lantern.  


 Ghost in a Box

Ghost in a box, sit so still.  Won't you come out?  Yes I will...BOO!

 

Your children should know the motions to this song and chant. 


Next week our letters of the week will be-

Aa

Tt

Bb

 

Our Halloween party will be on Tuesday, October 31st.   Your child may come to preschool  dressed in their costume and we will have some snacks and fun games.  We also have a special visitor coming that will be a "visitor".  This is a great time to talk to your children about costumes and how they are just that.   We also really like to talk about how Halloween is just a fun time to be silly and see neighbors, family and friends.  I know Halloween is fun for children, but it has always been my least favorite.  I guess when it includes too much sugar and scary things, you can count me out.  ;)  I always do my best to make it a great day and our "visitor" will be reading a great story about dressing up.  

 

We will have a party sign up next to where your child signs in each morning.










Kelly and I truly love the wild and the calm with your children and feel so blessed to get to be a part of their day.  Thank you so much for entrusting them to us each day.

Have an amazing weekend.





































No comments:

Post a Comment