Friday, February 10, 2023

Valentines Day Fun

 We spent the week talking about kindness and love and although it doesn't always show, I know that these sweet children love and care for one another deeply.  We have really been working on solving social problems on their own if possible and they are doing an impressive job.   We have been crafting some amazing and messy Valentine crafts and oh boy do we LOVE glitter!  I'm not sure why I choose to torture myself by setting out the glitter shakers, but I will do just about anything to bring joy to these precious children.   Kelly and I choose to just laugh at the mess and craziness in order to stay sane.  


We were blessed with some beautiful days this week to enjoy the sunshine and mud.  Our duck and goose are always so kind to make nice mud holes for the children to play in.  Yesterday, we watched our duck, Skeeter, drill and drill a nice mud hole with her bill.  The children were very entertained by the mess making and had a nice conversation with Goosa Loosa, who always chatters away(many of you hear her in the morning).   The love that the children have for all the farm animals is such a blessing.  They truly have developed a love and compassion for animals that makes my heart so happy.   A few of us have developed an obsession that reminds me of my personality with animals...ummmm, Gavin and Cory.  ;)   I have to admit, I am obsessed with my donkey.  I simply can't get enough of her sweet snuggles. 


Next week we will enjoy a few days of pure Valentine fun with lots of crafting and dancing and then we plan on diving in deeper with our shadow study.   


I pray that you all have a blessed weekend with your family and find time to enjoy nature.  


Valentine Party- Tuesday, February 14th


Remember, if you signed up to bring something, don't forget.  :)

Students should make a valentine for each of their friends and ONLY need to sign their own name. (19 students in our class)

If your child would like to make a box to hold their Valentine cards, that is encouraged.  

 












































































































 

No comments:

Post a Comment