I love instilling in children that the weather does not determine our time outdoors. There is not bad weather, just bad clothing choices. Yes, I'm saying that now, but I dislike winter VERY much and can't wait to move somewhere with lots more sunshine someday. I digress....we have had a wonderful week and are learning so much and making very special friendships. We are starting to learn names, but when you are four, you can have a best friend and have no clue what their name is. It's such a beautiful and innocent concept. It always amazes me how when these students walk in the door on the first day, we are all basically strangers. Strangers become family within just a few days and we feel like we have been together forever. The thought of graduation already makes me sad...that's how quickly I fall in love with these sweet little blessings. Thank you again and again for entrusting us to love and learn with your children.
We have started exploring ramps and it's such a fun concept and the creativity and ideas are flowing, and we are here for it. I brought in a bunch of acorns to roll down the ramps and kept reminding them to put them back in the back when finished. I learned from a few years back, that the Weevil beetle lays it's eggs in the acorn and larva indeed crawl out. It's super gross and super cool. We have been dissecting acorns and have also found larva in the bottom of the bags. So, take my advice and although acorns are so beautiful, do not leave them in your house. :)
We have started our mornings with learning our first cycle of letter knowledge. Our first cycle will include the beginning letter in all of our names, as that is what is most important to a four-year-old. So far, we have practiced, Cc, Ss, and Ee. We are all doing great at recognizing our names and will continue to practice writing them. Fun ways to practice at home, are with play doh, shaving cream in the bathtub or a pan with salt. Make it fun and they will want to learn. We have also been practicing, rhyming which is a wonderful phonics skill for young children.
I will be sending out information in an email with sweatshirt and t shirt details for ordering.
Please reach out with any questions or concerns. We love preschool!
No comments:
Post a Comment